Obscure Color Words
- albicant: whitish; becoming white
- amaranthine: immortal; undying; deep purple-red colour
- aubergine: eggplant; a dark purple colour
- azure: light or sky blue; the heraldic colour blue
- celadon: pale green; pale green glazed pottery
- cerulean: sky-blue; dark blue; sea-green
- chartreuse: yellow-green colour
- cinnabar: red crystalline mercuric sulfide pigment; deep red or scarlet colour
- citrine: dark greenish-yellow
- eburnean: of or like ivory; ivory-coloured
- erythraean: reddish colour
- flavescent: yellowish or turning yellow
- greige: of a grey-beige colour
- haematic: blood coloured
- heliotrope: purplish hue; purplish-flowered plant; ancient sundial; signalling mirror
- hoary: pale silver-grey colour; grey with age
- isabelline: greyish yellow
- jacinthe: orange colour
- kermes: brilliant red colour; a red dye derived from insects
- lovat: grey-green; blue-green
- madder: red dye made from brazil wood; a reddish or red-orange colour
- mauve: light bluish purple
- mazarine: rich blue or reddish-blue colour
- russet: reddish brown
- sable: black; dark; of a black colour in heraldry
- saffron: orange-yellow
- sarcoline: flesh-coloured
- smaragdine: emerald green
- tilleul: pale yellowish-green
- titian: red-gold, reddish brown
- vermilion: bright red
- virid: green
- viridian: chrome green
- xanthic: yellow
- zinnober: chrome green
Okay guys it actually DIDN’T OCCUR TO ME THAT PEOPLE MIGHT THINK TO WORKAROUND THE NEW MATERIAL RULE BUT EVEN THOUGH YOU’RE JOKING (I….THINK…..) LET ME STATE THIS STRAIGHT UP. (unofficially)
1. As you can see we are deluged in submissions and even though there are nine of us we cannot WATCH ALL OF FANDOM (although some of us try very hard.)
2. We may or may not decide to run audits on the submissions to make sure that the ‘new material’ and ‘do not reblog your own work’ rules are complied with. We may only run random audits, although in that case, people who seem to be writing at apparent superhuman speed are probably more likely to be audited than others.
3. Independent parties may or may not decide to report any breaking of rules to us.
4. Now, it is entirely possible that 2 and 3 will not come to pass and you will be totally safe. However, let’s say they DO come to pass. Reblogs are not considered a big deal, they will be handled as per this post.
The submitting of ‘old material’ will be taken more seriously, as I do feel that people who participate in Character Battle should do so in good faith. We have not yet made an official decision on what we would do if that eventuality arises,but it would certainly involve disqualification of the entry in question.
(to be honest I have faith in fandom that this eventuality won’t arise - most fans I know are lovely people who genuinely want to have fun and from what I’ve seen most of the currently super-active character battle factions are all playing for the pure and honest joy of pulverising the competition into dust in the fairest and most Hanamiyaesque way possible.)
6. ‘New material’ means material that has not previously been posted to a public Tumblr, blog, LJ, DW, archive, or other public online space. (Material that has only previously been posted to say, a friends-lock or password-lock journal is more ambiguous, and would depend on whether you happened to have, say, 300 friends added to that journal. Nevertheless if the fic/art has only previously existed under lock the chances of us being aware it previously existed are low so you’re pretty safe.)
i’m so lazy i put off watching anime. i actually have to motivate myself to sit in front of a computer screen and watch videos
Basketballpoetsociety’s multilingual challenge
Chicos y chicas, parece que la gente maravillosa de basketballpoetsociety ha abierto el desafïo 39 y este esta dirigido a todos los que escribimos ó los que dibujan con texto en otro idioma, me permito hacer las la invitación a los que conozco en lo personal pero lo hago público porque se que muchos de ustedes también escriben en español o en otro idioma que no sea inglés.
Aquí los detalles:
- Tienen que ser más de 100 palabras en caso de los fanfics
- El fanart puede ser desde un bosquejo hasta algo mucho más detallado con que contenta palabras o texto en otro idioma qu eno sea inglés.
- La fecha límite para envíar los trabajos es a las 11:59 PM del sábado 5 de Octubre(EST)
- los trabajos se mandan aquí
- Hasta que el desafío termine de preferencia no hay que ponerlo en nuestro propio blog o en otro medio, sino hasta que ya haya acabado.
To my fellow writers and artists who have another language aside english as their first, I would like to spread the invitation made by basketballpoetsociety to their Challenge #39 to submit works in languages other than english. Guidelines below:
- The theme for this fortnight’s BPS challenge is Multilingual.
- KnB fandom on Tumblr is a diverse community in many ways! This fortnight we’d like to celebrate that diversity by inviting people to submit fanworks in languages other than English.
- Submitted fanfiction should be either be monolingual in a language other than English, or bilingual/multilingual with significant portions written in language(s) other than English.
- Any fanart submitted should include at least some text in languages other than English.
- As per our regular challenges, fanfic subs should be > 100 words; fanart subs are open to sketches/quick pictures, or whatever the art equivalent of a drabble is in the artist’s estimate.
- Challenge no 39: Multilingual will be open to submissions until 11:59 PM Saturday October 5(EST).
- You can submit here
This looks like a really fun idea so I hope all of my non english speaking friends will look into it, I”m going to try an get something in on time as well!
Reblogging to the personal tumblr because linguistic diversity in fandom has always been an important thing to me!
(thanks very much to Lola for the Spanish translation!)